Creating a powerful online presence is becoming more and more vital to companies, big and small. Last year, 58% of Americans researched a product or service online before making a decision.* This means people are turning to the internet more often than asking their own friends. To ensure your online presence is effective, Bella Muse would like to share a few tips:
- Business owners need professional profile photos. Social media profiles require profile photos. If you’re on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter (and you should be) you need a professional headshot to help people remember you. It should also be used on your website and brochures.
- Enhance your online presence. Prospects are more likely to research you and your company online before they call you. Having photos of you and your team help put a face to the names to whom they’ll be speaking. Including photographs unique to your company, such as logos, signage, and storefronts will make you and your business more recognisable.
- Keep photos updated. Hire a professional photographer to capture you, your building, your team, and your work. If your company grows, have headshots made for any new employees. It further helps to define your brand and set yourself apart from your competitors.
- Increase your searchability. Create (or claim) listings on Google, Yahoo, Yelp, and other business directories. These are free listings with options to upgrade. It also helps with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
- Take advantage of social media. 175 MILLION people log onto Facebook every day.** Creating a fan page on Facebook is free, but don’t substitute it for having a website. Instead, include a link on your website so fans can “like” you. Be active and include updates and refresh content. Sync your Facebook and Twitter accounts to gain more followers.
- Use a photographer who specialises in professional headshots, instead of an amateur photographer or one who only specialises in families, weddings, products, et cetera, nor photographers who can’t recommend a professional make-up artist. Look at their portfolio first, and also make sure they use professional equipment.
For more information, to view before and after headshot examples, or to book a consultation, call 706.888.0552 or visit us online at www.Bella-Muse.com.
*According to the Pew Internet and American Life Project
**According to SOFTPEDIA