To use the Fort Benning Chapels, you must have a valid military ID. This applies to active duty and retired service members, National Guard and reservists on active duty orders, widows/widowers, their immediate family members, and authorised DA civilians. Exceptions may be granted, but only by the Installation Command Chaplain. Chapels are reserved by a Fort Benning Chaplain after meeting with the couple and agreeing to officiate or sponsor their wedding.
To reserve the chapel, you will need to present the following together before final approval is granted by the Installation Chaplain or Deputy Installation Chaplain:
- Completed Wedding Reservation Form: click here for a blank application
- Copy of your military ID card
- Copy of ordination license (if civilian clergy is marrying you)
- Copy of your pre-marital counseling certificate
- Chapel reservation form signed by your sponsoring chaplain and yourself
For more details, visit www.benning.army.mil.
Fort Benning Garrison Chaplain’s Office
7001 Brockman Street
Fort Benning, Georgia 31905